School Organization Team.
Engage, Inform and Represent parent perspectives, ideas and voices on education matters.
The level of collaboration between families and educators is an important predictor of student academic achievement. Parents and family members who establish strong, positive relationships with school staff have more opportunities to learn about the education system and become better education advocates. Successful school-family partnerships are built on mutual respect, trust, equality, and a joint vision for student achievement.
This philosophy is the foundational premise of a School Organizational Team. The function of the team is to assist and advise the school principal in development and implementation of the school plan of operation, consisting of the school performance plan and the strategic budget.
Meeting Dates & Documents
At NVLA, the School Organizational Team consists of two (2) teachers, one (1) support staff employee, and three (3) parents and guardians as voting members. Meetings may be held in an online or face-to-face format.
Your input is important to the success of our school and students. Please take time to consider how you can be involved in this process and make your voice heard!
Participating promotes, supports and builds parent leadership to improve outcomes for all NVLA students.
Attend a S.O.T. meeting.
PTA School Organizational Team (SOT) Nominations:
Dear Parents/Legal Guardians,
As part of the reorganization of the Clark County School District, each school will form a School Organizational Team. The Team’s members will include the school principal, staff members, and parents/guardians. At the secondary level, the Team will include a student representative. Teams will also be encouraged to invite one or more interested community members to advise the Team.
Up to six (6) parents or guardians of a student enrolled at the local school precinct will be elected to participate as members of the School Organizational Team, and should represent 50% of voting members of the Team. Note that members of the School Organizational Team are not employees of the Clark County School District nor are they employees of the school.
Any parent or legal guardian of a student enrolled at the local school precinct will have an opportunity to vote in this parent election. The parent election will take place virtually on September 24, 2021, at 5 pm.
The role of the School Organizational Team:
- Assist and advise the development of the plan of operation (budget and school performance plan each spring).
- Provide continued assistance and advice to the principal in carrying out the plan of operation.
- Assist in the discussion of any additional authority to be transferred to schools to carry out responsibilities.
- Assist with the selection of the next principal when there is a vacancy.
Parents and community members who are not employees of the Clark County School District are immune from liability for civil damages as a result of an act or omission in performing any of the duties of the organizational team as set forth in sections 24 to 29, inclusive, of AB469.
Requirements for School Organizational Team members:
- Attend meetings at least once per month, which will be conducted outside of the school instructional time
- Make decisions and vote with the whole school population in mind.
- Term of the team is through September 30, 2022
- Serve on the team for a minimum of 1 year; members must be re-elected every year, but there is currently no limit on the number of years a parent or guardian can be a team member
- Cultivate and use collaboration and consensus-building abilities.
Our school will be made better each year when people become involved. If you are interested in serving on the School Organizational Team for Nevada Learning Academy, please click on the link below and complete the form. Thank you for your willingness to participate!