Student Council (StuCo).
Have Fun and Be a Leader
What is Student Council?
A Student Council is a representative structure for students only, through which they can become involved in the affairs of the school, working in partnership with school management, staff and parents for the benefit of the school and its students. StuCo seeks to provide a valuable leadership partnership between students and their school. It creates the opportunity for students to become effective leaders, thus encouraging and influencing a positive school climate.
NVLA StuCo is a member of the National Association of Student Councils (NASC). NASC is about:
- Leadership—Supporting the development of student and adviser leadership skills and knowledge
- Service—Helping build a climate of caring and tolerance through volunteerism and service to others
- Student Voice—Promoting student council as the voice of the student body and giving every student an opportunity to be heard
- Engagement—Encouraging students to become involved in school and community leadership and decision making
Visit the NVLA Student Council website: https://nvlastuco.weebly.com/
StuCo Meetings every Friday at 10:00 am
NVLA Campus - Cyber Lounge
For more information contact our StuCo Advisor, Ms. Patterson, at email@example.com
Silver Star Award
Student Body Executive Board (E-Board)
|Community Outreach Coordinator|
- Join StuCo in donating to HOPE of Southern Nevada
- Write a letter / make a gift box for a friend or family member
- Make a meal for a family member
- Call & chat with an elderly person
- Help clean the house
- Read to a child
- Pick up trash in the community
- Offer to tutor or help a friend with homework.